Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stuff and stuff

First off, my exciting news for the day. I recently filled out an application to be a volunteer with the Preeclampsia Foundation. I got a mass email requesting people to edit stories, web content, etc and replied that I would love to help. Instead, they asked me if I wanted a larger role. I am now the baby fair coordinator for the region (CO, WY, ND, SD, MT, NB, and two Canadian provinces). The position is totally volunteer and involves working with PE survivors in those regions to get Foundation booths at local baby fairs to raise awareness. I may be able to run some myself in this area. I am so excited about this. I haven't volunteered since Eula died and this is the perfect opportunity to contribute to an organization that has done so much for me.

I don't know if I mentioned that I ordered the new Beatles box set. I got it from a third-party seller on Amazon for a really good price. The shipping was a mess and it was over a month before it arrived. I finally got it when we arrived home from Phoenix and started putting burning the songs onto my computer yesterday. I was suspicious of it from when I first took the plastic off and started taking the CD's out. It just seemed strange. Then I got to The White Album and discovered that there was only one CD (supposed to be a double). I got to looking closer and there were some CD's with unreadable track listings and even some typos (eg: Yellow Submarine was spelled "yillow"). I've been had with a bootleg copy of the box set. But it looks like either the company or Amazon will be refunding my money, but what a waste of time and energy. I'm going to take my 33% off coupon and buy it at Border's instead.

Bennett is in some sort of nap transition period. His morning nap was getting shorter and shorter, so we decided to try one nap yesterday. He only slept for an hour and a half but generally seemed fine with that. But then he woke up early this morning and was definitely ready to go down by 10am. I just put him down again because bedtime is too far away for such an early nap. So, we will take it day-by-day for now and see how it goes. I have a feeling it will be one nap one day and two the next for a bit.

I forgot to mention that my cousin Russell died before we went to Phoenix. He had had drug problems since he was a teenager and died of a methadone overdose. He left behind an 11 year old son. Sounds eerily like Marlena's ex Tad. I didn't make it to the funeral, but my mom did. That was the reason she ended up not being able to make it to Phoenix. It is such a terrible tragedy.

6 comments:

Michaela said...

That is awesome about the volunteer opportunity!! I know you are very passionate about the organization and will be a great asset for them.

I'm sorry about your cousin, it is never easy losing a family member.

Michaela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Habein said...

Congrats on the volunteer job! That sounds like it's just perfect for you.

And to echo Michaela, I'm also sorry about your cousin.

Amanda and Bernie said...

Thanks ladies!

Heather said...

I am so happy you are volunteering! The only way to turn a tradgey around is to help others get through it. I am very proud of you.

Heather said...

I am so happy you are volunteering! The only way to turn a tradgey around is to help others get through it. I am very proud of you.