Thursday, February 11, 2010

Loss

There are a number of blogs that I am following right now that feature brave families who have lost a baby after a premature birth. That all of these families lost their babies as a result of preeclampsia just shows my biased point of view. Premature births happen for many reasons and often the reason cannot be pinned down. A woman goes into labor early, it can't be stopped, and a preemie is born.

Ashley and her husband Chris had their son Nolan very early, 26 weeks I believe (forgive me Ashley, if I am wrong) due to preeclampsia. He fought a brave battle, but ultimately lost. If you have the time, check out his video on her sidebar and meet little Nolan.

http://rubybaby09.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Ashley D said...

Awww, this is what I needed today. Thank you so very much for sharing my son with your part of the world in blog land. Thank you.
Love,
Ashley

The Red Fantastic said...

Very touching story. I cannot believe how strong these people are.