Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's been a rough weekend!

Bennett has been progressively cranky over the past week or so. At first I'm sure it was due to the two(!) teeth he cut at the same time. Then he started to get very fussy about two or three days ago. I thought it might have something to do with the yogurt I started with him, so I cut it out. No improvement ensued. Friday he was running a low fever of under 100. By Saturday it was over 101. He was very tired and didn't want to play. We decided to take him to the doctor yesterday. Our pediatrician was not there so he saw someone new. She cleaned out his ears, and sure enough he has an ear infection in his right ear. She said it was caught early. We got the antibiotics started and he does seem to be feeling better although he is still sleeping a lot. He took a 3+ hour nap yesterday which is unheard of. I actually had to wake him.

During this teething/ear infection attack, I was giving him some Tylenol to help with the pain. Apparently I had the dosing all wrong. He was only getting a third of the correct dosage for his weight. No wonder it wasn't doing anything for him...poor baby.

The new car seat is here and overall I am pleased. It takes up significantly less room than other car seats like it and even seems to be less wide than the bucket seat. Trips to GF and ND should me much more comfortable. My mom should fit better back there now as well. She insists on riding in the back with Bennett, even when the front seat is available.

Bernie and Craig got out early this morning to do some fishing. Hopefully they have some luck. I would rather not have fish nastiness in the freezer, but I will concede since Bernie likes it so much.

We finally got regular doctor in this house. Bernie and I both have our appointments this week. Hopefully we are given a clean bill of health.

And yes, Oasis has split up. I have a bad feeling about it this time...everything seems so final. This is definitely the end of an era. I do have sad feelings about it, but I am also oddly excited by it all. I know there will continue to be music from Noel and probably Liam as well. It will be interesting to see what direction they take and what develops. How awesome would it be to see a Noel solo gig? Acoustic preferably. What? No one but Sara cares? Oh well, we will continue to commiserate together.

And lastly. To top off the weeked, Eula passed away yesterday. Although it was expected, I don't think we can ever be prepared. I've watched a lot of people I care about die at the nursing home, but the experience never loses it's emotional impact. Eula was one of the first friends I made in Colorado. I will think of her every time I see an elk or drive to Estes Park.

1 comment:

Sara Habein said...

I meant to say something before, but I hope Bennett feels better soon! Sorry, I was distracted by the moment.

And I'm sorry about Eula. She sounded like a rad lady.

Annnnd of course, I am ALWAYS up for Oasis-related commiserating/theorizing --boring other people be damned, haha. I've already informed Tyson that if/when Noel tours, the closest show, I'm going. Probably will be smaller venues too, which will be nice... You're right, this could be exciting too.