Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Name, Sleep, and Summer

Today is our anniversary. We have been married for four years which seems a bit crazy. Our lives have changed enormously over that time, all for the better. I love you Bernie!

We got a babysitter last night to go out for dinner and after-dinner drinks and dessert. We decided to come back between the two events to put Bennett to bed since we figured our sitter would be unable to calm him down. Poor Bennett was very sad when we left and was difficult to comfort for the 1.5 hours we were gone. When he heard the garage door open when we came home he had a total meltdown. Big crocodile tears break Mom's heart. We cuddled with him, read a couple of books, and put him down for bed before going back out. We had a nice time out together and Bennett did not wake up to find us gone again.

To continue on the tangent of sleep, Bennett has been a champion lately. He goes to sleep at around 8:30 and I usually have to wake him up at 9am. Then he naps for 1.5-3 hours in the afternoon. I know it won't last long so I am enjoying it for the moment. He must be having a growth spurt or something. I'm sure we are in for early wake-ups again soon.

While we were out last night, we finally decided on a name. Baby girl will be Vivian Patricia. Her name means "full of life" and "vibrant" which is exactly how I feel about her. And of course Patricia is after my grandma, which was going to be her middle name no matter what.

I am finally getting to put in some volunteer time with the Preeclampsia Foundation. There is a baby expo coming up in Denver at the end of August and I am coordinating a PF booth for it. I have a few volunteers already and am hoping to start the grant process soon. It will be a great end to a very exciting month around here. The Fagg's are here the first week, Bernie's parents have decided to come the second week, and Kristen and co. will be here the third week. I should probably take advantage of some serious relaxation time before all the madness begins.

We are in the midst of some very hot days around here. Most of them are 90+ and show no signs of letting up any time soon. It's often too hot for me to go out after 10am or so. I'm glad Bernie has been taking Bennett running again lately so he has some time outside and in the park. When he goes out with me, it's to somewhere with good air conditioning!

3 comments:

Kristen J. said...

Both me and Phil adore the name. We are so excited for you guys!

Sara Habein said...

Aw, what a great name!

And Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

I was hoping you would go with that name! I remember you mentioned that name when I was visiting you.

Happy Anniversary!!