Friday, October 16, 2009

Home

Our trip to Great Falls ended on Monday and I am happy to be home without any more immediate travel plans. This year has been exhausting. Bennett was great both on the trip up and back. As long as someone was sitting in the back seat with him, life was pretty good. No major travel meltdowns to report. But 12 hours is a long time for anyone to sit in a car. He was ready to be done with that whole scene.

Amy's wedding turned out beautifully. She looked like a princess in her fluffy pink dress. The ceremony was very short (and those of you at my wedding know ours was short). It was probably the shortest I have ever seen. I think it took all of 2 minutes. The reception was a proper Fagg family dancing fest, although it ended earlier than I expected.

The wedding shower was also a lot of fun. I worked pretty hard on it and thought I could do it all myself. My mom was working so there wasn't much help there. She made the desserts (cheesecake, dark chocolate brownies, and peanut butter cookies) which took some of the stress off. I did pretty well, but the food plans were too ambitious. There were about 20-25 people. The menu consisted of a variety of crostini (topped with artichoke/parmesan, cream cheese/green onion/bacon, gorgonzola/walnuts/honey, prosciutto/mozzarella, olive/eggplant and an Italian tomato mixture) as well as chicken skewers with thai peanut sauce. I thought it all turned out very yummy. But I did have to call in Fagg family reinforcements to help it all come together. So a big thanks to all of them. I think the crostini are better suited for an 8 person dinner party.

Poor Bernie didn't get to do much for fun in Great Falls with all of the wedding hoopla. He and Bennett hung out together most of the time, which wasn't the most fun because he got bored at my mom's house pretty easily. Hopefully he can make up for it with a fishing trip in the near future.

I got to see Melanie, Kyle, and Gwendolyn almost every day I was there. I wanted to spend more extended time with them, but an hour at a time was about all I could manage. Little Gwendolyn is a beauty...pics to come soon. We also got to have a nice lunch with Heather on her birthday but somehow missed Marlena and the boys. I guess you can't do it all.

I am working on getting the pictures from the trip/wedding up, hopefully I can make my way through them all today. I gave my mom the camera to take pictures at the wedding and she seems to like to take about 30 pictures of the same scene, so it's a bit of a chore to find the one good one and delete the rest.

My back etc. are feeling 100% again and I have been running for about 10 days. I finally broke 4 miles for the first time yesterday so I still have hope to make it for the 10K in November.

1 comment:

Kristen J. said...

I am sooooo jealous you got to see Gwendolyn!

Congrats on breaking 4 miles! That's awesome!