Monday, March 2, 2009

Finally getting some sleep again...

Bernie was on his day shifts this past week. I try to let him sleep as much as possible, which equals not much sleep for me. However, Bennett is sleeping for longer periods of time at night...as long as he isn't battling his gas.

The awesome news we have is that Bennett is off of his oxygen! The doctor told me to take him off of it last week. I was paranoid all weekend that he wasn't getting enough, but he was in the mid 90's at the MD's office today. This is the most exciting development in our lives in a long time. I can actually carry him around the house on a whim! I don't have to switch tanks! I can use the mei tei carrier I bought! Hooray! There are pictures posted. He's awfully cute without any crap taped to his face.

Speaking of crap, Bennett didn't poop for three days. We had a blow out and repeated blow outs over the past couple of days. Fun times! Poop everywhere.

Grandma and Grandpa Meier are visiting this week. It has been nice to have Grandma feed him sometimes and give us a little extra sleep in the mornings. Bernie and his dad have been busy building me a garden for summer vegetable planting. Bennett is snuggling with Grandma as we speak. Just wait until my mom gets here this weekend...I won't get a cuddle in edge-wise.

Welcome to Ava Michelle! And congrats to Kristen and Phil. I really hope we get to meet her before she's marrying Bennett in 25 years.

3 comments:

Michaela said...

That is so great he is off the oxygen!! It must be so nice to easily move him around and see his adorable face all the time.

Enjoy your visitors and take advantage of the extra sleep you can get in while they are there!

The Red Fantastic said...

hahaha, yes, pre-visitation is necessary :)

I am SO excited that he is off of oxygen! I can imagine it is a little unnerving to trust that he can go without it but it is a wonderful transition. I always thought he was just as cute with the stuff taped to his face, but it is very awesome that the tubes are off!

Sara Habein said...

That's so great the oxygen's off!
Annnnd great that you're getting a touch more sleep. I know how even half an hour can make a difference.

It just might be that Bennett and Ava would make the cutest couple ever. Like, throw the Earth off its axis levels of cute. ;)