Monday, December 29, 2008

We've been real parents for three days!

I like to think we've done well so far. The first night was hectic. We weren't sure what was normal and what wasn't. Bennett had a bit of indigestion and made a lot of noise most of the night. We learned how important a good burping session is. He does tend to make bouts of noise while sleeping, but I guess that's normal. He sleeps for 3-4 hours, eats, looks around, gets his diaper changed, and goes back to sleep. His eating has been increasing rapidly which is great. We just have to make sure he paces himself so he doesn't choke. He's had a couple of episodes of choking since coming home. It is very scary to see him stop breathing for a moment while his face turns purple.

We had our first follow-up with the pediatrician today. Bennett is up to just over 5 lbs and over 17 inches. Hopefully, we can get him up to around 7 lbs by his due date!

1 comment:

The Red Fantastic said...

It sounds like you guys are doing great! The choking would really freak me out, but I suppose I also have that to look forward to...

*flips through infant CPR book*

haha :)

I love his swaddling pictures, he looks like a baby burrito!