Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm slow...

about getting around to updating this. October was a busy month for us.

Bernie went hunting in North Dakota for a few days and managed to keep the dog in one piece for once. Now I have plenty of frozen pheasant if any of you are interested in taking any off of my hands. He drove to Minneapolis after hunting and I met him there for a friend's wedding. It was a good time, but I am a bit burned out on weddings for the moment. Especially when I just get to watch everyone get drunk. We didn't do too much in our two days there, but I did see the Mall of America. It was frightening but good exercise! I also went into an IKEA for the first time and managed to buy two cutting boards for $4. WOO! I did feel a bit like I was in a herd of cattle when we walked around there.

Speaking of weddings, my cousin Amy is engaged. The date is October 10th and I am in the wedding. Next year is already shaping up to be wedding filled again. I have two other Fagg cousins getting married other than Amy. It was always a goal of mine to get to all the Fagg weddings, but I don't know how practical that will be with Bennett and hopefully a job next year. We'll see...as Bernie likes to say.

My birthday was nice, thanks to everyone for their kind wishes. I got the new Oasis box set from Bernie which was a nice addition to the collection. He also brought me a cute baby themed t-shirt. He and his parents went in together and ordered me an ipod touch, which I am still learning to use. My mother sent me some silver jewelery and homemade caramels (YUM). Bernie took me out to our favorite italian restaurant for dinner. It was a good 26th birthday.

The day before my birthday the new car came it. It ended up being dark gray/silver which is much better than the blue I was expecting. I like it so far except for the lack of electric seats. Maybe I'm a snob, but I thought most new cars came equipped with them. Oh well, we're getting between 50-54 MPG so far. That was the main point anyway. MPG and four doors.

The same day we picked up the car I got a speeding ticket on my way home from Greeley (in the old car). Unfortunately it was in a school zone so the fine and points against my driving record were doubled ($204 and 8 points). If you get 12 points in a year they take away your license. I paid it right away, so the points should reduce to 4. I bawled the whole time (like an idiot) and I could tell the police officer felt bad giving the crying pregnant lady a ticket.

Bennett's impending arrival is becoming more real. I've even been cleaning out closets to get some extra space. We hope to get the room painted and some of the furniture set up before graduation on December 12th.

My mom, grandma, and Bernie's parents are coming down for graduation. I'm looking forward to having visitors and being done with school at the same time. I won't have to do any homework. How strange.

We are also getting ready to go to Phoenix to see Bernie's family for Thanksgiving. I've never been, so it should be fun. Especially since the temperature will be bearable (hopefully).

Oh, I don't want to forget my dad update. His driver's license expired in early October. He went in and failed the vision test miserably. Then he went to the eye doctor (had been refusing for years) and they told him there was nothing they could do because the decline is part of his disease process. I asked him what he's going to do and he replied that he already limits his driving to necessary times. He plans to continue driving until he "doesn't feel safe" or he gets a ticket. This from the man who once told me that he can't really tell if the light is red or green until he very very close to it. Beware those of you who have to drive around Great Falls.

1 comment:

The Red Fantastic said...

Happy (late) birthday! I am glad it was a good one!

I want preggy pictures from you! :(