Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend activities

We had an eventful weekend around these parts. On Saturday, we braved the trip into Denver to explore a bit. We went to a Rockies game-which was my first professional sports event. I actually quite enjoyed it and would not hesitate to go again. Yesterday we drove around in the mountains and went about 3/4 of the way through Rocky Mountain National Park. It was....very high. The road we took went over 12,000 feet which is the highest point on land that either of us had ever stepped foot on. For wildlife we saw a herd of about 30 elk (Bernie wishing for his gun and legality to shoot it there), ground mice/chipmunks, a marmot (yes, Sara, I will post pictures as soon as I can find a USB cord), and a furry catapiller. He was the highlight of my trip.

Now I am doing fun activities like laundry and ironing. My first day of classes are tomorrow. I'm with Kristen, feeling silly for being a bit nervous for yet another "first day of school." I actually already have homework in preperation for my statistics class-reading only, but still!

Congrats to Melanie on her new job with MSU Great Falls. Getting out of retail can't be a bad thing.

Our new house closes on Wednesday and then the ceiling removal and painting commences. I have almost settled on colors-yellow, light brown, and blue for the bedroom. I promised myself more bravery the second time around painting a house. Hopefully we can move in mid next week. It will be nice to cut 30 minutes off of my commute to school.

2 comments:

The Red Fantastic said...

YAY! Glad to hear it is all moving right along. I hope school is great, too!

Sara Habein said...

Aww yes I do love the marmots. Even though I've lived here for several years now and have only seen the tail end of one running into the bushes... Guess I should try harder to spot one.