Wednesday, October 20, 2010

38 Weeks!

Our 38 week appointment was this morning. 4 cm dilated and 70% effaced. My OB said it was amazing that I could walk around like that. I have episodes of "could this be it" on a daily basis before the contractions stop again. It seems that he expects me to go into real labor soon, but had me make an appointment for Monday just in case. I'm sure he will talk induction at that point. I am really hoping to avoid any induction. We'll see how I'm feeling Monday though. It would be nice to make it to Friday since that's when Bernie's mom is flying in.

I'm feeling ready and a tad bit impatient. My bp was a little high (122/92) on fist check which is always worrying to me. It came down to 130/80 on a second check and my OB was fine with that.

I have been cleaning/organizing like crazy and have most of the items on my list checked off. Bernie is off for four days after today and has one more set of shifts before he starts his official baby-leave. Of course, he will start it sooner if Vivian decides to make her appearance before then.

I find that I don't have anything else to say at the moment. Hope everyone is well and maybe we will be introducing Vivian in the next post!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hearing that you are impatient makes me happy! I am so glad that this has been a normal pregnency...I am also impatient...I want to see what your little girl will look like. :)

Michaela said...

Yay! Looks like you may be sharing a birthday with your baby girl! I'm ready to come over if she decides to come tonight/tomorrow though!