Sunday, September 26, 2010

Less than 40 days!

We are under the 40 day mark until Vivian's due date. I'm feeling good about at least 35 weeks at this point. Last Monday I had an OB check and was already 1 1/2-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. My doctor wasn't too concerned and told me that early dilation can be common in second pregnancies. They won't stop labor after 34 weeks anyway, so we'll just have to wait and see what Vivian has planned. I have tons of Braxton Hicks contractions but they don't seem to be progressing much at this point. I am holding out for full-term dang it!

I can see how this last month drags for a lot of women. There are so many things I want to get done, but I'm so anxious to meet her as well. At least my body is being more cooperative at this point. She has settled into a center head-down position so my hip is feeling mostly normal. I have some swelling in my calves. It's nothing anyone else would notice, but if I press a finger into my skin, a dent stays there for 30 seconds or more. It's a bit strange. Sleeping more than an hour or two at a time has become an issue, but I just assume that's my body preparing me for what is to come. No real complaints at this point.

My mom left today after a five day visit. It was mostly uneventful. Bennett really seems to love her. He calls her his "ga" which is very cute. We spent a lot of time in Boulder at the farmer's market while she fawned over the variety of organic/natural products available. We took Bennett to the pool and the Sunflower Farm. For extra fun, he decided to poop in the pool, which was lovely to say the least.

So, we will keep chugging along. Sorry to be so boring...my brain isn't working well at the moment.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

35 weeks now! Yay! I'm a dork and found it interesting that on the 35 week milestone you have 35 days left :-)