Thursday, May 22, 2008

My flowers are planted!

I finally got them into the ground last weekend. I have four hanging pots, five ground pots, and a whole bed filled with flowers. As well as two tomato and two pepper plants. It's my first foray into vegetable growing, but one tomato plant already has a small green thing starting. Some of the flowers look a bit sparse, but with some fertilizer, they will fill out. I'll post some photos below:






We had a good time with the family we had in town. Emily and I especially had fun together. She managed to help me plant flowers and make brownies. We made it up to Rocky Mountain National Park and did a brewery crawl in Ft. Collins. There is no shortage of breweries in this part of the world. Marlena ended up coming down for a surprise visit (mostly to see her boyfriend) last week also. She stayed here for one night and helped me flower shop. It was nice to spend some time with her. Things remain drama ridden in her life. I don't know if it will ever change.

Today was an exciting weather day. There were tornadoes that touched down in the area. The caused some pretty significant damage. Bernie is still at work dealing with that, even though he should have gotten off over an hour ago.

1 comment:

Sara Habein said...

I thought of you when I saw that about the tornado on the news. Glad to know it wasn't right on top of you!